1.12.2010

Brazil!!!

This is a big week for all things Brazilian.




Alex and I have finally picked a venue and set the date. August 14th, 2010 at the Brazilian Room in Berkeley, CA.  The Brazilian Room is in the middle of Tilden Park on a grassy bluff, surrounded by Redwood trees. There are so many choices when it comes to planning a wedding that it can be super overwhelming to actually make a decision but I think we've made the right one.  Since it's a public building there are a few limitations that we'll have to deal with, but it's so beautiful and the price is right so I couldn't be more excited! I'm sure you'll get bored with all the wedding talk soon. I apologize in advance. This stuff can be all consuming.



In keeping with the Brazil theme but on a completely unrelated topic, I went last week and got The Brazilian Hair Treatment.  Let me preface this by saying that I've lived with what some would call a 'Jew-fro' for my whole life. But I've never straightened my hair. I don't own a brush or a hair dryer.  When I am in humid weather, I channel Diana Ross. I hardly ever wear my hair down because it get so big half way through the day that I feel like my face is being swallowed.  I always envy SJP's locks in Sex and the City but I don't have a team of stylists to do my hair every morning. So I decided to live dangerously and Brazil it up.  The process consists of the magic potion getting applied to my hair, then a blow out, then it all get flat ironed in. I couldn't wash my hair for 4 days and then voila... relaxed curls and no frizz. Walking around with straight hair for 4 days was a bit weird. I felt like Elvira. I rode my bike to the store (to buy a brush and a shower cap)  and I think I experienced what it must feel like to be a dog sticking his head out the window for the first time... my hair wind swept behind me. Yesterday was the first day I could wash my hair and you can see the results above. I still need to find the right product but I'm liking the way it looks. Relaxed, beachy curls. No more Jew-fro. Laura Bennet (former Project Runway contestant) wrote a funny take on the whole process over at The Daily Beast entitled My Illegal, Flammable, Fabulous Hair Treatment.  It made me laugh. The things women endure...

2 comments:

  1. Cracking up at you feeling like a dog with it's head out the window. I didn't even know who you were from a few feet away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo. wow. i like the result a lot. actually from your written words i think we have the same hair problem. mostly when i wake up in the morning i look like i had stuck my finger into the power outlet. on the other hand i can't stand to have my hair straightened... but really... the result is awesome. what products did you use afterwards?

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts with Thumbnails